Westwood Works 1903-2003
The Ten pin Bowling section was formed in 1966 when the Magnet Bowl opened in Peterborough. It soon proved a popular pastime with the Section growing to around 150 members. The Section ran two leagues - one for 5-player teams and one for 3-player teams.
Increasing skills level led to some members entering outside tournaments and in 1974, a Baker Perkins team reached the National finals and in 1975, a lady bowler was Peterborough Area Champion.
Brian Westcombe was Section Chairman and Dorothy Bryan Secretary.
|1967: Ten Pin Bowling Trophy Winners||1969: John Hardy Trophy winners|
All content © the Website Authors unless stated otherwise.