Westwood Works 1903-2003
These wonderful and evocative photographs date from 1923, four years after Joseph Baker & Sons merged with Perkins Engineers to become Joseph Baker Sons & Perkins. They were taken after the Great Fire of 1922 and just before the name change to Baker Perkins Ltd.
|Commercial Office||Drawing Office||Drawing Office||Invoicing Department||General Stores Office||Drawing Office Staff||Costing, Specification and Invoicing||Board Room|
|Paint Shop||Stores||Tool Stores and Inspection Room||Section of Plate Shop||Packing and Despatch||Turret M/C Bay||Small Lathe Bay||Small Lathe Bay|
|Gear Cutting and Light Boring Bay||Light Drilling Bay||Boring Bay||Milling Bay||Horizontal Boring and Planing M/C Bay||Vertical Boring and Shaping M/C Bay||Horizontal Boring M/C||Grinding and Radial Drilling M/Cs|
|Grinding M/Cs||Tool Room||Tool Room||Tool Room||Demonstration Bakery||Heat Treatment Shop||Rough Grindery||Marking Off Tables|
|Laboratory and Metallurgical Department||Tool Stores||Inspection Room||General Stores||General Stores||Erecting Shop||Erecting Shop||Fitting Shop|
|Fitting Shop||Erecting Shop||Erecting Shop||Packing and Despatch Department||Plate Shop||Smiths Shop||Plate Shop||Plate Shop|
|Smith's Shop||Tube Shop||Tube Shop||Bar Stores - Cutting Off Section||Bar and Plate Stores||Power House||Foundry||Foundry|
|Foundry||Foundry||Foundry||Foundry||Fettling Shop||Pattern Makers' and Carpenters' Shop||Pattern Makers' and Carpenters' Shop||Pattern Stores|
|Pattern Stores||Paint Shop|
All content © the Website Authors unless stated otherwise.